Did You Know…?
Did you know….?
As the debate over taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood continues, it is important to know several key facts about this “non-profit” organization.
- Planned Parenthood is America’s biggest abortion chain, committing over 34 percent of abortions in the United States. According to itsown 2014-2015 annual report, the corporation committed 323,999 abortions last year —that’s 887 abortions a day, or one abortion every 97 seconds.
- Planned Parenthood lies about the scope of health care services it provides. The abortion giant only does 0.97 percent of Pap smears and 1.8 percent of breast examsin the United States. In contrast, it commits over 34 percent of abortions in America. Planned Parenthood does not offer any mammograms, which President and CEO Cecile Richards was forced to admit to before Congress, contrary to previous claims. In addition, prenatal care is virtually non-existentat facilities, as are ultrasounds for pregnant women who want to keep their babies.
- Redirecting taxpayer dollars away from Planned Parenthood would mean that over 13,000 other community health clinics, which outnumber Planned Parenthood 20 to 1, would receive that funding. These true health centers offer comprehensive health services and holistic care for women and their families.
- Planned Parenthood doesn’t tell the truth about its business. In addition to lying and misleading the public, Planned Parenthood has been exposed for its gruesome fetal parts harvesting practices. It has also been caught covering up sex trafficking and statutory rape, condoning sex- and race-based abortions, giving medically inaccurate information about fetal development, and coaching kids on risky sexual practices. The corporation promotes its abortion-first ideology at all costs — even lobbying against infanticide and protections for babies with Down syndrome and disabilities.
- Funding “shell game” – Planned Parenthood and its supporters emphasize that federal funds are not legally allowed to be used for abortions; however, money is fungible. Because it receives over $500 million in taxpayer funding, Planned Parenthood is able to free up other funds to expand facilities, lobby lawmakers, advertise to teens, etc.
Please call your federal representatives and politely ask them to cut off all federal funding to PP.
Senator Blunt (314-725-4484) Senator McCaskill (314-367-1364)
Rep. Wagner (636-779-5449) Rep. Luetkemeyer (636-327-7055)