Requirements for Admission
Catholic schools are unique expressions of the Church’s effort to achieve the purposes of Catholic education among the young. Academic excellence and a disciplined formation will always be the desired goals of the Catholic school. Central to the school, however, is the understanding of the Catholic tradition and growth in faith. Parents wishing to enroll their children in a Catholic school must understand and agree to the purposes of Catholic schools.
Admission to a Catholic elementary school at any point of entry is contingent upon:
- The family’s desire for this special kind of school where Catholic teaching and moral formation are an integral part of the school;
- The child’s fulfillment of the age requirements listed below:
a. for admission to kindergarten, the child should be five years of age before August 1;
b. for admission to first grade, the child should be six years of age before August 1.
- The school’s ability to meet the student’s educational needs; Determination of this ability is based upon:
a. the student’s performance in another educational setting;
b. successful completion of the previous grade level;
c. successful completion of the entrance evaluation process
- The parent’s willingness to accept the financial responsibilities of attending the school. (Taken from the Administrator’s Manual for Catholic Education, #4102.1)
New Student Registration
Parents interested in St. Joseph School may inquire by calling Mrs. Maggie Wright at (636) 441-0055 ext. 210.
New families may schedule a tour of the school, receive an information packet, and obtain registration materials.
SJS Tuition 2017-2018.
Admissions Timeline for St. Joseph School
Re-registration of current families K-8
- Online registration begins in January 2018
- Tuition Payment Options Form, health forms, and registration fees due in February 2018.
Registration of new families K-8
- Open house February 2, 2018 at 9:00 am
- Open enrollment beginning in February 2018.
- Registration packet, health forms, and registration fees due in February 2018.
- Preschool will be coming to Saint Joseph Parish in August 2018.
- Click here for a letter from the former principal, Sister Ann Hyacinth, O.P.
Future Saints Club
Our Future Saints Club provides opportunities for preschool-aged children to learn and grow with others. Parents, connect with the St. Joseph School community while your child prepares for kindergarten in a supportive, loving educational setting.
Take advantage of this great opportunity for your child and family. Contact the School for more information.