The purpose of the Board is to advise the Pastor and Principal in determining policies, plans, programs and procedures for the school. The following are advisory functions of the Board:
- Establishing the philosophy and goals for the school
- Interpreting and applying the policies of the Archdiocesan Board of Education
- Formulating and establishing additional policies which may be necessary
- Evaluating the implementation of policies
- Reviewing of the budget summary and recommending rates and fees as necessary, looking to other sources for funding when necessary
- Advising the Pastor during search process for Principal
- Promoting better understanding and wider support of Catholic Education in the parish
The Board is comprised of the pastor, principal, assistant principal(s) and seven to nine parish members. Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month, August through June.
The Administration and the School Advisory Board are always open to suggestions about school policies. Suggestions are discussed at board meetings and a board member makes a follow-up response.