Requirements for Admission
Catholic schools are unique expressions of the Church’s effort to achieve the purposes of Catholic education among the young. Academic excellence and a disciplined formation will always be the desired goals of the Catholic school. Central to the school, however, is the understanding of the Catholic tradition and growth in faith. Parents wishing to enroll their children in a Catholic school must understand and agree to the purposes of Catholic schools.
Admission to a Catholic elementary school at any point of entry is contingent upon:
- The family’s desire for this special kind of school where Catholic teaching and moral formation are an integral part of the school;
- The child’s fulfillment of the age requirements listed below:
a. for admission to kindergarten, the child should be five years of age before August 1;
b. for admission to first grade, the child should be six years of age before August 1.
- The school’s ability to meet the student’s educational needs; Determination of this ability is based upon:
a. the student’s performance in another educational setting;
b. successful completion of the previous grade level;
c. successful completion of the entrance evaluation process
- The parent’s willingness to accept the financial responsibilities of attending the school. (Taken from the Administrator’s Manual for Catholic Education, #4102.1)
Parents interested in St. Joseph School may inquire by calling Mrs. Erin Offerman at (636) 441-0055 ext. 210 or by email at email@example.com. New families may schedule a tour of the school, receive an information packet, and obtain registration materials.
Registration of new families K-8
- Registration packets for new families are available at the school office.
- Please submit all registration materials in person to the school office.
- Kindergarten families may schedule a kindergarten screening at that time or call the school office at (636) 441-0055 x200.
Re-registration of current families K-8
- Re-registration began January 26, 2018.
- Please complete online registration, all forms sent home with students, and registration fees.
K-8 Registration packet forms below:
- New Student Application
- Health Forms Packet
- Educational Needs Form
- Tuition Payment Options Form
- Media Authorization Form
- Catholic Witness Statement
- Records Request for Transferring Students
- Please visit our Preschool webpage for more information by clicking here.
- Click here for the Preschool brochure.
Financial Aid Available for 2018-19
Fill out one application for all financial assistance programs at the Today and Tomorrow Educational Foundation’s website: www.ttef-stl.org. The 2018-19 open application period began on January 29, 2018. The Beyond Sunday assistance has closed however applications are still being accepted for other programs on a first come first serve basis. Please click on the links below for more information.
- 2018-19 St. Joseph Tuition Assistance Application Letter
- TTEF Parent Letter
- Scholarship Information for Parents for the 2018-19 School Year
- Alive! In Christ Scholarship
- Beyond Sunday– for middle income families
- St. Joseph Tuition Assistance Program Income Eligibility Guidelines*
*Those who wish to only apply for St. Joseph Parish Tuition Assistance, please contact Katie Boehmer at (636) 441-0055 ext. 162 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future Saints Club
Our Future Saints Club provides opportunities for preschool-aged children to learn and grow with others. Parents, connect with the St. Joseph School community while your child prepares for kindergarten in a supportive, loving educational setting.
Take advantage of this great opportunity for your child and family. Please contact Mrs. Erin Offerman at email@example.com for more information.