2023 – 2024 ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL POSITIONS
St. Joseph School is a parochial school of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, faithful to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church, dedicated to serving children and families by providing a Christ-centered learning environment where children grow in faith, truth and love. We serve over 1,000 students in grades PK – 8 in Cottleville, Missouri. Our Parish relies on a dedicated team of professionals to educate our students, whether through classroom instruction or support across campus.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2023-24 (Position) Applicant.
Immediate full-time position open
- 7TH & 8TH GRADE SCIENCE TEACHER – IMMEDIATE OPENING
- This science teacher teaches 7th and 8th grade science classes and is an 8th grade homeroom teacher. Preference will be given to candidates who have a degree in science or a science related field. Applicants must be certified in Education. Compensation will be appropriate based on degree and years of service in education based on the archdiocesan compensation schedule.
Part-time positions open for the 2023-2024 school year:
- PART-TIME SCHOOL NURSE and SUBSTITUTE NURSES
- This position would work Thursdays and Fridays 7:30AM – 3:30PM during the school year with a starting wage of $16.00/hour. Part-time positions do not qualify for benefits. Applicants must be a Registered Nurse, experience working with children preferred.
- PART-TIME PARAPROFESSIONAL AIDES
- These part-time positions would assist students as assigned in providing modified instruction, skill reinforcement, remedial instruction, behavioral intervention, and real time coaching as facilitated by the classroom teacher and/or learning consultant, in support of a specific child’s learning plan. The paraprofessional (para for short) is responsible to the principal and assists the teacher and learning consultant in carrying out the learning plan, collecting data, reporting data, and communicating progress. Special training, resource support, and guidance will be given to the para by the learning consultant, teachers, One Classroom or outside sources regarding these tasks.
- Teaching experience is helpful but not required. The para should enjoy working with children. The applicant should be able to follow directions in learning to implement lessons, collect data, or to supervise activities as determined by the classroom teacher with consultation and training from the learning consultant. The applicant should have a good understanding of the developmental needs of the age child with whom they are working. The applicant should have strong communication skills.
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
- Applicants would need to have 60 college credit hours.
- PART-TIME PRESCHOOL TEACHER AIDE (2 days per week)
- This position will work on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Preference will be given to candidates with enthusiasm for supporting teachers and students, ability to supervise and manage groups of children, organization, and clerical skills.
- PART-TIME AFTER CARE STAFF (K-8 AND PRESCHOOL)
- Positions are part time, 2-5 days per week with start time of 2:30 PM (11:30 AM on half days) and end time before 6:15 PM. Aftercare assistants help with homework, supervise indoor and outdoor play and provide a fun, nurturing, Catholic and safe environment for our students. Excellent opportunity for parents, grandparents, and students. Applicants must be at least 16 years old. St. Joseph School parents who work at EDP may enroll their St. Joseph School students in EDP at no charge.