We are Hiring!
Job Description Parish Office Receptionist: St Joseph – Cottleville
This position is responsible for greeting, assisting visitors and directing external phone calls to the Parish staff. This role serves as the first contact with visitors and a successful candidate will possess highly effective interpersonal skills and be able to work with a variety of people and personalities. This role requires a strong attention to detail in the midst of serving parishioners and staff throughout the day. This person may also assist others in the office with special requests and manage various duties to maintain the front office.
Essential Job Functions
- Handle incoming calls on the main line and voice mail
- Greet visitors and provide assistance and direction re: meetings, appointments
- Set up mass intentions, prepare mass cards, pay priest weekly and maintain stipend account
- Sacramental records
- Set up Baptisms, collect proper paperwork and prepare Baptism Certificates
- Complete funeral planning sheet; email funeral contacts
- Coordinates resources for Sacrament of Marriage and maintains all related sacramental records; enters responses for Fully Engaged platform;
- Order parish office supplies as needed
- Serve as custodian for key log
- Maintain office equipment:
- postage machine – add postage, call for maintenance service as needed
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Change the phone recorded mass times as necessary
- Oversee petty cash activity and replenish
- Ensure that evening staff are effectively utilized for clerical office tasks
- preparation of Wedding, new parishioner, baptism and funeral packets
- Manage Columbarium niche sales and ordering plaques as needed
- Assist with other jobs in the office as needed
- High school education.
- Previous general office experience required; Parish office experience ideal.
- Proficient knowledge of Word & Excel.
- Strong communications and people skills.
Send cover letter and resume to Michael Lennon at email@example.com